Monday, March 24, 2008

HIGH SCHOOL, DEATH BY DROPPING, CHINESE RESTAURANT

I'm in high school again. It's raining and gray. I think I was circling around our library to find parking but there was a school function like a play or a P.T.A. meeting or something. In my dream, space was unnaturally crowded. Then, my mother and brother were hanging precariously onto the edge of a balcony at the school's entrance. I couldn't hold onto them any longer. After a bit of thought and my mother's persistence I decided to fling my body as well into the pit they had fallen into.

I flopped onto a giant egg carton the size of an olympic pool, making a sinister sound like: blop! crunch! My brother had died from the fall. He'd broken his clavicle and bled to death.

Then we went to get some dim sum at a restaurant that once was lacquered red with flowing red curtains. It was softly lit by halogen lamps.

No comments: